The Adsense program introduced by Google is one of the most popular and best options for making money from blogging for beginners.
Adsense is an advertisement program wherein some contextual ads are displayed on your online content and you get paid for the number of clicks these ads receive.For those newbie bloggers who are unaware of how to create Adsense Account, this essential guide would surely help.
Signing up for an Adsense account is really simple and quick provided you meet the requirements for it. The first condition is that you should have a blog or website with at least 15-20 pages. Secondly, you must be above 18 years of age.
What you will learn?
- Create an Adsense account
- Create hosted adsense account
- Blogger Adsense
- Adsense approval
- Adsense payment
Step by step Tutorial on How to create an Adsense Account
1.Visit the signup page of Google Adsense http://www.google.com/adsense and select the red button for ‘Sign Up Now’. Here you will find option to create a new Google account or choose to use existing account. You can either use your Gmail address or any domain-specific email address if you have.
2 . Complete the Google Adsense registration form. This is quite straightforward as it requires entering the website address and selecting the content language. You can specify your website URL or blog address to continue.
3. Enter the appropriate ‘Payee name’. Make sure you use the same name under which you own a bank account. Changing the payee name may become difficult later. So, ensure that your payee name and bank account name are the same. Next, you can fill in your contact information and other details to proceed. These include your full name, address, country and phone and will be used when you receive your adsense payment.
4. Read all the Adsense policies and check all the three boxes to agree to them. Once checked, click on the ‘Submit’ button and the next page lets you review all the details provided. Here, you can assure that you have entered the correct and up-to-date information.
5. Click on ‘Submit my application’ button to complete the registration.
Your application will then be reviewed by the adsense team . The review process may take days to weeks.Google will send you an email when your adsense is approved. Once approved, you can start displaying Google ads on your blog and earn money.
Create Adsense account for Youtube
Suppose if you don’t have a website or your site is under construction, still you can apply for adsense. This can be done by creating a youtube account.
- Sign up for you tube account through gmail. Create a channel. Start adding videos. The videos should be original and unique.
- Once you have uploaded 3-5 videos, head over to “monetization methods” from where you can apply for adsense account. Most of the time, your application gets approved. This type of account is referred as “hosted adsense account” as it is hosted on youtube.
- The adsense revenue will be split between you and youtube . This is one of the method to monetize youtube videos.
Create Blogger Adsense account
- Create a blog on blogger (Check this post on how to start a blog on blogger) . Add 10-15 posts .
- In the dashboard, you can find the option “connect to adsense”. when you will click this, you will be taken to a page that prompts “sign up for adsense with existing account, or create a new account” its always advisable to have the same account for both blogger and adsense.
- Sign up for adsense and your site will be reviewed. Once approved you can customize your blog layout on where to show the Ads.
How to get Adsense approval
While applying for adsense, your site should meet the following requirements
1. The website should be more than 6 months old
2. The content should be unique
3. The site should have atleast 20-30 posts
The amount earned is paid via EFT or through cheque. Once the amount reaches $10 , a pin will be sent to your mail . You have to enter this pin and complete the tax form [whichever applicable] to get eligible for adsense payment.
Hope this tutorial is helpful as i have covered most of the basics on Google adsense.